Thursday, August 07, 2008

ORGANIZING AND FEELIN' GROOVY

After working with a client to help them organize their home yesterday, I got inspired to come back to my place and do some organizing for myself. I started by cleaning the apartment, a task I always procrastinate on but always feel great after I complete. After cleaning, I started weeding through my rolodex, paper files, supply drawers, bookshelves, and email inbox.

As I went along this path, I made mental notes of all the loose to-dos that had been floating around my head and needed attention. I wrote all those to-dos down on a lined notepad so they actually have somewhere to land. It's a lot easier to get things done that way. And it frees up tons of mental and physical energy.

I also took a bunch of fun items I no longer needed, used, or wanted and put them out on the front stoop for the taking. I know that some folks like to save up a bunch of unwanted stuff until they have enough for a tag sale. Living in a small space, it just doesn't make sense for us to do that. Plus I love the immediate satisfaction of having the stuff gone and knowing that someone else is enjoying it.

Every time I go on a cleaning and organizing spree, I feel like a million bucks. I'm ready to take on the world!

PS - Want some help organizing your life? Want to lighten your load before Fall rolls around?Give me a call at 917-499-7395. I've been helping parents, artists, and entrepreneurs get organized since 1999.

No comments: