I hope this note finds you well and enjoying the end of summer!
I am currently looking for part-time work.
If, after taking a look at the info below, you have an idea of a person, opportunity, or organization that you think I should connect with, please send an email to email@example.com. I value your creative input!
I would love a job which allows me to use some combination of these talents:
- Community engagement/outreach and team-building
- Writing/researching/promoting the arts and culture scene in NY
- Connecting people of different generations
- Facilitating hands-on, interactive learning experiences
- Arts- and culture (especially the performing arts!) - think BRIC Arts Media
- Literature/books (especially children's books!) - think Brooklyn Public Library
- Local community work - think Borough Hall / The Office of Eric L. Adams
- The natural environment (e.g. parks and gardens) - think Brooklyn Bridge Park
Currently, I run a private literacy tutoring practice in Brooklyn. I help elementary school children become more confident, joyful readers and writers.
Here are some sample work projects:
- Educated parents, caregivers, tourists, and children about the plants and flowers of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden.
- Promote the rich arts landscape of NY as Editor-In-Chief of the 11-year-old blog Creative Times. Interview beloved literary and performing artists, including original cast and crew of Sesame Street and Prince's costume designer.
- Recruited local artists, business owners, and community leaders to participate in GO, a historic borough-wide open studio weekend organized by the Brooklyn Museum.
- Conceptualized and Co-produced The Brooklyn Blogfest, an annual event for 300 bloggers, journalists, and community leaders.
- Through Bloom Again Brooklyn, create floral arrangements with flowers salvaged from local stores; arrangements are delivered to homebound seniors and nursing home residents.
How to Contact Me