It's important to create places and habits that help you to feel calm, focused, peaceful, motivated, inspired and energized. Spring is a great time to do just that!
Here are some tips:
1. Breathe some new life into your home office! Weed your files. Get rid of papers and categories of files that are no longer relevant or do not serve you. Create file folders for new projects or things you would like to bring into your life. The names you give to files only have to make sense to YOU!
2. Take some time to set up your clothes closet so that it functions as a place where you enjoy getting dressed in the morning. Look at one item of clothing at a time and ask yourself: Do I love it? Does it fit right now? Do I feel good in it? Do I wear it regularly? Does it need cleaning or mending? Sort out what you want to keep, toss/recycle, repair or donate. Housing Works Thrift Shop is a wonderful place to donate clothing that is in good shape. There's one in Park Slope and one in Brooklyn Heights.
3. Clear your desk! Nothing feels better than sitting down to a clean slate. Treat your desk like a work space, not a storage space. Only keep items there that you use daily - keep other items nearby on shelves or in drawers. If you don't love file cabinets, use a rolling file cart or an open filing crate for projects you are working on. Invest in a few new accessories to brighten up your desk! I like the jewel-colored ones at Poppin.
4. January is not the only time to set goals! Spring is the perfect time to re-visit the goals you set in January, or even to set some new ones. Take some quiet time to set intentions for the different areas of your life: home; family/friendships; health/self-care; work/education; spiritual; civic/community work; inspiration/creativity; and finances. Where do you want to put your attention ? How do you want to move your life forward? Write it all down and use it as a guidepost when you plan out your days.
5. Bring nature indoors and let it serve as inspiration. Put a vase of flowers or a potted plant anywhere that clutter tends to accumulate. It’s less tempting to let clutter build up where there is beauty! Open all windows and let the fresh air move through your space. It's been a long winter and it's time to let in the new energy of Spring!
*** Is there a Spring organizing project you would like a hand with?
Contact The Brooklyn Organizer: 929-224-4849 & email@example.com
Where you can find us: Facebook.com/thebrooklynorganizer
Since 1999, The Brooklyn Organizer has helped busy women simplify and streamline their lives. We offers hands-on support to women who want to feel calm, inspired, and truly at home in spaces where they live and work. We help you to: Set goals and priorities * Better manage your time and energy * Create easy-to-use file systems * Clear your desk * Streamline your closets * Identify resources for desk and office accessories that you love. We work with women in Park Slope, Carroll Gardens, Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill, and Brooklyn Heights.