Hello, Dear Reader!
I'm writing to let you know about my search for work. If, after taking a look at my Four Basic Criteria for a New Job, you have an idea of someone you would like to introduce me to, feel free to call or email me with your brainstorm. I value your creative ideas!
Eleanor's Four Basic Criteria for a New Job
1. Can be part- or full-time
2. Involves lending my skills to a TEAM of people who work together directly (face-to-face) with other people
3. The work has an element of physicality or a hands-on element (moderate physical labor is fine, as is an outdoor setting)
4. Process-oriented (e.g. is not intensely deadline-driven)
BONUS: I am helping/teaching small groups of people
BONUS: I get to be around the arts (esp. theatre/dance), books, nature, or teens/pre-teens
PS: Doesn’t have to be a fancy title or position, just something satisfying.
Samples of Work Projects
* Co-Produce The Brooklyn Blogfest, an annual gathering for 300 bloggers, artists, local community activists & politicians who write, speak, organize, and make art about their neighborhoods and the world beyond
* Organize The Brooklyn Blogade, a monthly gathering of Brooklyn Bloggers who care deeply about their neighborhoods and about creating good environments for people to work, play, and live in
* Launch ongoing support groups for women artists and entrepreneurs who want to stay on the edge of personal and professional growth.
* Coach individual artists and entrepreneurs to grow their communities of clients and collaborators through both in-person and web-based relationship-building
* Interview entrepreneurs and artists for my blog and newsletter, Creative Times
* Organize first Take Our Daughters to Work Day for a middle school in
* Coach parents to connect to their children through open-ended play (also called “play listening” or “special time”)
How to Contact Me
Thanks so much for your support! Please feel free to call or email with questions or ideas.