Saturday, January 03, 2009

AN ALPHABET OF HIGHLIGHTS FROM 2008

I sent this list out with my holiday card.

Birthday treat from my cousin Ann. First, we went to Franchia, a Korean tea house, and then to The Morgan Library to see the Babaar exhibit.

Interviewing and photographing creative heroes for my Blog, Creative Times.

Watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving three times in a row in anticipation of the big day.

Dreaming of being in a Missy Elliot music video.

Making friends with other artists and Entrepreneurs in Brooklyn.

Visiting museums for our Friday night dates.

Gathering friends and colleagues to come to Mike’s first solo art showing at a local cafĂ©.

Celebrating Mike’s 40th birthday with a House party.

Discovering the tv show Iconoclasts in which two creative visionaries from different fields spend time getting to know one another and witnessing one another’s work.

Attending an international weekend-long gathering for Jewish women.

Keeping my Ipod nearby so I can watch Ching-A-Ling, Missy Elliott’s newest music video.

The Love for life reflected in my brother Adam’s incredible online photo updates of his family.

Meeting Big Bird on the set of Sesame Street, thanks to cameraman Frank Biando.

Birth of my niece, Natalie. (See photo above.)

Obama as our new President!

The continuation of the tradition of Puppet “music video” shows performed by various members of extended family when we all got together in California.

Quest to get to know neighborhood store owners.

Helping to Round up Brooklyn bloggers and friends for The Third Annual Brooklyn Blogfest.

Reading the Sunday New York Times in my favorite neighborhood diner.

Getting a Tour of the Brooklyn Botanical Gardens at a monthly gathering of Brooklyn Bloggers. (Thanks, Flatbush Gardener!)

Uno, the first beagle ever to win the Westminster Dog Show.

Visiting my friend Cecilia in her art studio.

Going early in the morn to Prospect Park to Watch all the cutest pups of Brooklyn bound across the grass as their owners huddle together.

EXploring the shelves of The Housing Works Bookstore in SoHo.

The friendly and convenient resource that is the local branch of the YMCA.

Catching Sunday afternoon Zzzzzs in the livingroom as the sun pours in through the windows.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I wish you a 2009 full of love, growth, adventure, change, joy, and uncontainable laughter.

Hugs,
Eleanor

PSKeep in touch!
I’d love to hear about what you’ve been doing, thinking, and dreaming about. I welcome recent photos of you with friends, family, loved ones, and pets.

Drop me a line via email: ETraubman@aol.com

No comments: