Thursday, January 19, 2012

BEING AN AUDIENCE MEMBER AT LIVE! WITH KELLY

I recently had the experience of being an audience member at Live! with Kelly - the show that used to be Live with Regis and Kelly, until Regis retired from the show.

One of the things that sparked my interest in the show was reading Regis' autobiography, How I Got This Way. Regis dedicates each chapter to a different person who influenced his life. I'm curious about why he didn't write a chapter about Michael Gelman, who has been the Live with Regis and Kelly (and now Live! with Kelly) show's Executive Director since 1987. One of my favorite parts of the book was the "What I Took Away from It All" section at the end of each chapter.

Now that Regis is gone from the show, they are looking for a new co-host to join Kelly. The morning I was there, Seth Myers from Saturday Night Live was co-hosting and the audience was responding well to him. He knows how to present the news, and also how to play off of Kelly's jokes and comment about human oddities in a way that gets everyone laughing.

Kelly is incredibly funny and quick-witted and during the commercial breaks she came up into the audience and joked around with us.

I vote for Seth to be the show's new co-host.

No comments: