Tuesday, September 08, 2009

LITTLE THINGS MEAN A LOT

Mike and I have been planning two weddings at once. We're having festivities in both Southern California and here in New York. It's an interesting journey, laden with emotion. I wake up every morning now at 5:00 with my mind racing.

How do you stay true to who you are and what you're about and still take into account all the folks who are also part of the process? Our families have been extremely supportive and our friends so genuinely pleased with the step we have decided to take.

Right before we met with the lovely Kim Meier who runs The Old Stone House, to talk about wedding options, Mike handed me a couple of wonderful gifts from Kinokuniya, a Japanese store located behind Bryant park. One was a 2010 dachsund wall calendar, and the other was Japanese stickers featuring cartoon-like bunnies and bears. It was such a sweet gesture, and kind of broke up the intensity around all the planning.

Little things mean a lot - the few kind words, the small gestures, the tiny gifts.

I am sure loving my boyfriend turned fiance!

No comments: