Thursday, November 26, 2009

PINK-PAGED WEDDING TOAST

One of the highlights of our small wedding was the toasts that people made - so heartfelt they were.

At one point during the reception dinner, I went over to my woman of honor, Cecilia, and she held up a pink piece of folded-over paper with two pieces of toast drawn on it. She said "This is for the toasts." I laughed, and felt so happy she was there with me and Mike.

Here is page 4 of her pink-paged toast:

I am so happy to be here today with all of you to celebrate Mike and Eleanor's love and commitment to each other. So I'll end by sharing 2 quotes on love.

The first is by the psychoanalyst and alchemist Carl Jung:

"The meeting of 2 personalities is like the contact of 2 chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."

The second is by the painter Marc Chagall:

"Only love interests me, and I am only in contact with things that revolve around love."

Thank you, Cecilia, for your beautiful toast!


No comments: