Saturday, November 14, 2009

GREAT GIFT FROM MY SECOND GRADE TEACHER

About ten years ago, I tracked down and got in touch with my teacher from the second grade. She was truly an angel to me.

I've stayed with her a bunch of times while visiting out in Seattle. She is a master gardener, so her house is surrounded by beauty. One time while I was there, she let me harvest a whole bunch of lavender.

For my birthday this year, she sent a care package. There were crayons with a note that said "These are for your colorful creative self." There was a chocolate bar that said "This is for your sweet self." And there's a puzzle I have to put together that has a birthday message on it.

I just love these gifts with symbolism and thought behind them!

1 comment:

Kare Anderson said...

Sounds like you both deeply believe in supporting the generous, talented caring sides in each other. since emotion is contagious your positive actions help your friends and friends of friends... as you are doing here - how bountiful

Remember the many compartments of the heart,
the seed of what is possible. So much of who we are is defined
by the places we hold for each other. For it is not our ingenuity that
sets us apart, but our capacity for love, the possibility our way will be lit
by grace. Our hearts prisms, chiseling out the
colors of pure light.