Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MY FAIRY TALE WEDDING SHOE DREAM CAME TRUE


You can ask anyone. I wear running shoes every day for every occasion. I have feet that require them; I'll spare you the details about why.

I figured that getting married was a good enough excuse to ditch the tennies and go for something that seemed fairytale princess-like.

First, a did an online search for wedding shoes. I found a pair I really liked on the Macys wesbite called The Nina Gamma Evening Shoe.

My friend Louise Crawford, who is a lot of fun and a great scout, offered to take me on the hunt. First, we went to Macy's in search of the Ninas. They did not have the shoe I wanted. It was beyond mobbed because of Veterans Day being a day off work for many and also a sale day. I tried on something else but it was white satin-y fabric which gets dirty quickly. More importantly, it was not the Nina Gamma.

I said "Louise, let's get out of here and go to Lord and Taylor. It's calmer and they have better customer service." Once there, we headed straight to all the silver-y looking shoes. Louise reached for a pair and said "Look at these, aren't these cool?" And I said "Hey! Those are the shoes I wanted!" We couldn't believe the good fortune.

Are they comfortable? Heck, no! Are they awesome-looking? Definitely, yes! It's hard to tell from the picture, but the heel is actually a clear wedge. They are a tribute to my former babysitter from San Francisco who let me try on her Candies slip on heels that had a clear plastic strap with colorful 3-D fruit perched on top.

I can't wait to wear my new shoes. But I will definitely have my running shoes on hand for when the dogs start barking.

No comments: