Tuesday, June 09, 2009
TEN REASONS TO WATCH THE WIZ
* New York City is the backdrop
* Lion comes from the steps of the NYPL!
* Diana Ross' vocal talents and facial expressions
* "Ease On Down the Road"
* Michael Jackson as Scarecrow
* Lena Horne's as Glinda
* The dancing and singing in "Brand New Day"
* Richard Pryor as The Oz
*The scenes filmed at the Emerald City which included six hundred fifty dancers, three hundred eighty-five crew members and twelve hundred costumes.
* The way Costume designer Tony Walton enlisted the help of high fashion designers in New York City for the Emerald City sequence, securing costumes and fabric from designers such as Oscar de la Renta and Norma Kamali