Tuesday, June 02, 2009

EVERY LITTLE STEP IS A WINNER

In a tiny print ad in the NY Times (now $2 to buy from the stand - holy schneikies!) I saw the words Every Little Step. Researching it, I found out it's a movie about the origins and reivival of the Broadway show A Chorus Line.

For lovers of dance, theater, and behind-the-scenes action, this is a must-see film.

Interesting fact: Michael Bennett interviewed 22 dancers over a 12-hr period in 1974. He and the show's writers used the transcripts as the basis for the show.

For a complete time line of A Chorus Line CLICK HERE.

After the movie was over, my friends and I walked to Restaurant Row and sat outside at a Thai restaurant. It had been months since I was part of the "real" NY nightlife. So much fun to be in the swirl of that late-night energy.

Photo from movietome

No comments: