Saturday, January 29, 2011

WHO WOULD BE DELIGHTED TO RECEIVE A VALENTINE FROM YOU?


Thanks to my mom, I never thought of Valentines Day as a day that you could celebrate only if you had a "special someone."

Every February, she would lay out colored construction paper, paper doilies, glitter, sequins, beads, glue, lace, brick-a-brack - you name it! - and let me and my brother go to town making valentines for friends and relatives. So much fun!

Most years, I send valentines to friends, family, neighbors, and colleagues to express my appreciation for their friendship.

Do you think someone is going to turn down a Valentine card because you are not their romantic partner. Heck, no!

Send a fun card in the spirit of affection, appreciation, and friendship. There are lots of cards out there - like the ones designed for childen - that are not sappy, frilly, or corny.

Who is going to be delighted or surprised to get a Valentine from you? Your great aunt? Your mail carrier? Your neighbor's child? Your favorite teacher from grade school?

Think outside the box and imagine the delight as that person opens your paper gift!

No comments: