And then opened up an article called 50 Ways to Open Your World to New Possibilities.
Here are suggestions 11-16:
11. Walk to work and open your eyes. You may find a gym you want to join, or an organization where you’d like to volunteer.
12. Talk to someone while waiting in line and ask what they do. You don’t need to wait for a specified event to network.
13. Make an effort to connect with people you pass—smile and make eye contact for a little longer than usual. Being even slightly more open can open up your world.
14. Learn a new skill. Start taking piano lessons or karate classes.
15. Say yes to something you always talk yourself out of–sing karaoke or take a kickboxing class–even you’re afraid of you’ll feel embarrassed.
16. Take a walking lunch. Walk around your neighborhood for a half-hour, with no destination in mind, and then eat at your desk when you return. You never know what will happen when you get out without a plan.