Friday, April 17, 2009

MINI KITCHEN UPGRADE

Sometimes small changes can make a big difference.

We buy a lot of dried food in the bulk section of the food co-op. It all goes into clear plastic bags, then gets weighed and priced by the check-out dude or lady.

When we get home, we dump the bags in a pile on a kitchen cabinet shelf. Sometimes bags get pushed way in the back, and then down the road I discover a bag of cranberries from 200 BC. Yikes!

I finally went out and got these air-tight jars that show off all our dried goods and keep them super-fresh. I love opening up the cabinet door and seeing all our goodies displayed like prized museum treasures!

I also got a denim laundry bag at Winn Discount to haul my clothes up to the laundry ladies on Smith Street. I'm totin' my threads a- la- 70s style.

No comments: