Monday, April 27, 2009

HOW YOU BEGIN AND END YOUR DAYS

I'm learning more and more how important it is to be intentional about how I start and end my days. It's kind of like how crucial it is to begin and end any work of art in a thoughtful way, in a fashion that sets the tone for what is to come or leaves the audience with a particular feeling.

I've learned that my day goes best when I get out of the house right away. Moving my body, being in the fresh air, hearing sounds of cars, people and birds is what gets my mind going. It helps me set my priorities for the day in a way where I don't have to over-think things. My body tells me what needs to happen over the next 16 or so hours.

The best way for me to end the day is to be with people I like/care about/find interesting and then to come home and hang out with Mike. Sometimes we talk about highlights or funny stories from the day. Sometimes, after we chat, I read some paragraphs or look at pictures from an inspiring book.

I think it boils down to feeling connected - to myself, to nature, or to other people. When I have that connection, everything else falls into place.

How do you like to start or end your day?

No comments: