No one wants to be or look like a fool, but doing so may very well stimulate your creativity. Celebrate April Fool's Day and be a fool for the sake of your Muse with the following foolish ways.
1. Make a drawing of your inner critic and name it.
2. Visit or start a laughter club.
3. Watch out for 'shoulds' and don't act according to 'should'.
4. Forget what you are 'supposed to' be doing and do what you want.
5. Relish cluelessness, embrace the open space of the unknown.
6. Make a mistake and don't just tolerate it, but celebrate it.
7. Create something in a new medium for fun.
8. Relax and enjoy your favorite activity with a goofy smile even.
9. Find happiness by not caring what people think about you or what you are doing.
10. Sing or laugh really loud in public with gusto.
Try any or all of these foolish activities in your art or your life. For even more zesty ways to be foolish, visit the Journey Juju blog.
Copyright 2009 Cynthia Morris. Cynthia coaches creative people to confidence and completion and inspires life as a creative adventure. Visit http://www.originalimpulse.com to get an infusion of inspiration for your art, writing and life.