Thursday, January 28, 2010

CREATE GOOD KARMA: HELP THIS ARTS-LOVIN' BLOGGER FIND A JOB

Hi Friends, and Happy 2010!

As I was also recently affected by a big round of layoffs at The Brooklyn Children’s Museum, I'm writing to let you know about my search for part-time work. If, after taking a look at my Four Basic Criteria for a New Job, you have an idea of someone you would like to introduce me to, feel free to call or email me with your brainstorm. I value your creative ideas!

ELEANOR'S FOUR BASIC CRITERIA FOR A NEW JOB

1. Up to 25 hrs/wk
2. Involves lending my skills to a team of people who work together directly (face-to-face) with other people
3. The work has an element of physicality or a hands-on element (moderate physical labor is fine, as is an outdoor setting)
4. Process-oriented (e.g. is not intensely deadline-driven)

BONUS: I am helping/teaching/inspiring small groups of people
BONUS: I get to be around the arts (communication, visual or performing), - includes dance, tv/radio, dance, theatre)
BONUS: I get to be around books, nature, or teens/pre-teens
BIG BONUS: I get to be around Sesame Street or the Muppets

PS: Doesn’t have to be a fancy title or position, just something satisfying.


SAMPLES OF WORK PROJECTS:

* Managed PlayNet, a grant-funded project at The Brooklyn Museum designed to increase educators’, parents’, and caretakers’ understanding of play and capacity to facilitate play with children. Model how to follow childrens' lead in play.

* Interviewed Sesame Street cast and crew members for my blog, Creative Times

* Interviewed long-time Housing Works volunteers for the HW website

* Co-Produced The Brooklyn Blogfest, an annual gathering for 300 bloggers, artists, local community activists & politicians who write, speak, organize, and make art about their neighborhoods and the world beyond

* Organized The Brooklyn Blogade, a monthly gathering of Brooklyn Bloggers who care deeply about their neighborhoods and about creating good environments for people to work, play, and live in.

* Lead Creative Connections, a support group for women artists and entrepreneurs who want to stay on the edge of personal and professional growth.

* Coach individual artists and entrepreneurs to grow their communities of clients and collaborators through both in-person and web-based relationship-building


HOW TO CONTACT ME:

Thanks so much for your support! Please feel free to email with questions or ideas.

Eleanor Traubman
creativetimes.blogspot.com
917-499-7395
etraubman@aol.com

No comments: