Wednesday, May 13, 2009

DREAM BINDER REVISITED

Over the last couple of weeks, I read a book that I'd been eying for a while: Jack Canfield's The Success Principles: how to get from where you are to where you want to be.

There's a lot of good ideas under one roof. My only complaint is that nine times out of ten, Jack uses men as examples to illustrate his concepts.

Anyway, while reading the book I got motivated to write down my 6-month goals for June - November 2009. I typed them up, and then put them into my DREAM BINDER 2009. (See cover to the left.) Here's my description of what a Dream Binder is, edited from a previous post:

It's a 3-ring binder and in it I keep documents and mementos related to my goals for the year. I mostly use magazine pics for inspiration or write notes on 3x5 cards to record what I want or what events occurred that related to my dreams. OR I write something I want as if it has already occurred.

Quick Dream Binder tip: I use plastic page protectors designed to go into a 3-ring binder. I glue or tape 3X5 cards or visual inspiration/mementos to heavy white paper, slip that into the page protector, and snap the page into the 3-ring binder.

Here's something interesting that happened in my dream binder in 2006: I cut out pictures of two things I wanted to win in the New York Public Library Sweepstakes. Although I did not win the spa vacation, I did win a gift certificate to a restaurant in Manhattan! In looking in Dream Binder 2006, I also see seeds of good things that have started to happen in following years.

In summary, a Dream Binder is both a scrapbook and a crystal ball. You can look into it to see good things that happen along the way and to set your intentions for good things to come.

No comments: