Tracy's work is powerful, beautiful, thought-provoking, and respectful of human beings.
Here's where you can learn more about TC:
A Walk Around the Blog with Tracy C. & Adrian Kinloch
growing up rural
- Grew up on a farm in the rural CT town of New Preston.
- Helped raise animals and tend to a vegetable garden.
- Effects of growing up rural: Tracy loves peace, quiet and alone time as well as being social and being in the city.
- He's drawn to the natural world, as you can see in his photography.
- When he visits home, he takes daily walks in the woods.
- In his own words, the walks are "a meditative thing - they ground me and remind me there is a planet and that the city is a small part of it."
- Tracy was en engineer in Silicon Valley.
- His older brothers were and still are engineers.
- When he was little, he was always getting into their elecrtonic equipment.
- From watching them, he saw he could make a living from his interest in math and science.
- In 1999, he quit his job as an electrical engineer in Silicon Valley. He was burned out and he needed an artistic outlet.
- He moved to Brooklyn.
- Since then, he started focusing more intently on photography. (It had been a hobby for many years.)
- Since then, he's built a network of bloggers and photographers.
- He has already been to Brazil twice (and wants to go back again) to compare how development and gentrification are impacting Brooklyn and Salvador (the capital of the state of Bahia).
- His observation of Brazilian culture: "More than two Brazilians in a place and it's a party."
- He has been taking classes to learn Portugese.
- After going to Brazil for a second time, Tracy came back to the US on election day.
- He went to the mall with three friends. At 6 am, it was "already a madhouse."
- During the"electric" event, Tracy felt "lightness, gidiness, like a kid on Christmas day."
- He remembers thinking "This is a day I will remember. This is history in the making."
- Afterward, it was hard to believe that is actually happened.
- And then, he thought: " What other things that I once thought were impossible are also possible?"
- It was the first time he was really proud of his country and proud to be American
- "He will be an inspiration to young Black boys."
- "He is raising the bar."
- "He makes it cool to be smart, to be intelligent."
- To grow as a photographer.
- To find his voice.
- To search for what he wants to say.
- To continue to work on his craft.
- "Feels like i've put down the deepest roots here that i've put down anywhere since graduating from college."
- "Seems like the optimal place to be. Feels like home."
- " I can be who I am without feeling out of place."
- "There's nowhere to go after Brooklyn."