Friday, October 03, 2008

POST OFFICE OF MY DREAMS

As a lover of all things post office - looking at and buying stamps; sending letters and care packages; and interacting with postal workers who love to show all the new stamps - I sure do wish that they would build a post office in my neighborhood.

Every time I have a envelop or package of an unknown weight, I have to trek out to another neighborhood to get it weighed and shipped off. This is true of everyone else in Carroll Gardens and Cobble Hill, too!

My dream post office features:

* children's artwork on the walls

* a comfortable lounging area

* a deejay playing lounge-y music

* an adjoining coffee bar

* little water bowls for dogs outside the door (like Commerce Bank)

* happy and well-paid/well-treated workers

1 comment:

the lady said...

I too adore post offices and love bringing things to be mailed that make my lovely postal workers chuckle. Susan (sark) told me to get in touch with you b/c you're great.

I'd love to collaborate on a dream post office plan!!

Kate Payne (your newest bklyn, neighbor)