Thursday, March 27, 2008

ALL THAT GLITTERS IS SILVER

Yesterday, I was in Clinton Hill for a Brooklyn Chamber of Commerce after-hours networking event. Stepping out onto the street, I wanted to explore the neighborhood a bit. I saw a sign across the street that read Polish Bar of Brooklyn and I was intrigued: I imagined a tapas bar, but filled with bite-sized Polish delicacies. Crossing the street, I discovered that it was a nail salon.

It was a small, cheerful interior - maybe the size of a studio apartment - filled with the sounds of Latin music. In the corner, a mom holding her baby was getting a pedicure. In the bathroom was a painting of a lady dj spinning records. I loved this place right away, even though it didn't serve Polish food.

I decided to get a manicure and I picked out this silver glitter.

I love my silver fingernails.
In Polish: Ja miłość mój srebro paznokcie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that story, Eleanor ! It almost makes me want to paint my nails silver. How do you know Polish? :)

Cathryn
Washington Square Park Blog
and former organizing client!

axis of evelyn said...

I stumbled onto & into your blog through my friend Joyces' Blog. After leaving Brooklyn some six years ago, it was fun to wander int to your online world. Loved the Polish / Polish story!
Thank You!
Evelyn