Wednesday, March 26, 2008

35 YEARS OF SESAME STREET SONGS: SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE

I'm a big-time visitor of the Bank Street College (my alma matter) Library. This is a big-time treasure trove for children, teens, parents, and educators. I always go 'round to the CD and DVD section and find great stuff there. Most recently, I hit the jackpot when I found Songs from the Street: 35 Years of Music. It's a 3-CD collector's boix set with 63 digitally remastered Sesame Street Songs along with a 68-page booklet with extensive liner notes. It's got celebrity performances, rare vintage tracks, and classic Sesame Street favorites.

Here are some of the songs (along with links to UTube performances) that I've been rocking out to:
OLD SCHOOL
Bein' Green - Kermit the Frog
How do You Do? - Lena Horne and Grover
Ladybugs' Picnic
Sesame Street - Stevie Wonder

1990s
Two Princes (If You) - Spin Doctors with Zoe, Elmo, and Telly
Hold My Hand - Hootie & the Blowfish with Elmo and children
Shiny Happy People (Furry Happy Monsters) - R.E.M. and Muppet Rocker
A New Way to Walk - Destiny's Child with Elmo, Grover, and Zoe
Just Happy to be Me - Fugees

No comments: