Saturday, November 24, 2007

WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF YOU HAD NO FEAR?

What Would You Do If You Had No Fear?: Living Your Dreams While Quakin' in Your Boots. This is the full title of a book which I found at the Housing Works Book Cafe in SoHo. The question that the title poses is so powerful, and I found that it's useful to ask it of myself on a daily basis. In her book, Diane Conway crafts bite-sized chapters which feature stories about people who took different kinds of leaps to reach their dreams. The stories come from people whom Diane has met on the street and at her workshops.

I enjoyed the Life Challenges which Diane lists at the end of each chapter. Here are some of them:

Ask yourself, "Am I waiting for someone or something to let me be me?" Think about what you'd do if you weren't waiting.

Identify a dream you can accomplish before your next birthday.

Pay attention to chance meetings and serendipitous happenings.

Call the number that will lead to an adventure

I loved Diane's book so much that I emailed and then called her. When she found out it was my birthday, she sent me an e-card that made me laugh out loud. Go here to see it for yourself.

No comments: