Thursday, February 02, 2012
CREATE GOOD KARMA: HELP THIS ARTS-LOVIN' BLOGGER FIND NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO PROMOTE THE ARTS IN NY!
If, after taking a look at info below, you have an idea of someone who you think I should meet, please feel free to send me an email. I can be reached at ETraubman@aol.com
Seasoned arts and culture writer and promoter; educator; and community-builder who offers expertise in the following areas:
• The New York arts and culture landscape
• Strategies in social networking and new media for public relations purposes
• Skills in organizational development and operations, including event-planning, team building, workshop design and facilitation
M.S., Education; Bank Street College of Education; NY; 1995
B.A., Women, Community and Social Change; Trinity College; CT; 1991
Samples of Work Projects
* Interview visual, literary, and performing artists for Creative Times, an arts and culture blog. Interviewees include: Sesame Street Co-Producer and Elmo Muppeteer Kevin Clash; design legend Eva Zeisel; illustrator and author Maira Kalman.
* Use social networking platforms to promote launches, premiers, and special events of New York’s performing, visual, and literary artists, organizations, and venues.
* Consult with Bank Street College of Education to devise categories and recruit editorial board for Alumni Blog; increase interaction among members of Bank Street Alumni LinkedIn group.
* Consulted with Jim Henson Legacy to improve aesthetics, usability, and interactivity of their website.
* Co-Produced The Brooklyn Blogfest, an annual gathering for 300 bloggers, artists, local community activists & politicians who write, speak, organize, and make art about their neighborhoods and the world beyond.
* Co-Founded and lead Creative Conversations, a goal-setting group for women artists and entrepreneurs who want to stay on the edge of personal and professional growth.
* Managed PlayNet, a grant-funded project at The Brooklyn Museum designed to increase educators’, parents’, and caretakers’ understanding of play and capacity to facilitate play with children.
Thanks so much for your support!
Please feel free to email with questions or ideas.