Monday, April 26, 2010

DAVID HOCKNEY'S CARIBEAN TEATIME


Last week, I had some time in between appointments in Manhattan. It was such a gorgeous, sunny day and it seemed like a perfect time to pay a visit to the roof top of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Since the roof had not yet opened (it will this Tuesday), I decided to wander around the museum. Venturing into Highlights from the Modern Design Collective 1900-2006, Caribean Teatime - a set of four panels by David Hockney - caught my eye. Loved the bright colors. Made me think of being at a huge loft by the beach and having this baby as a room divider.

Once outside again, I sat on the steps of the Met and listened to a live jazz ensemble and watched people and pigeons bask in the sun.

Just felt delighted to be alive in this great city of ours.

No comments: