Friday, June 13, 2008

HAIRSPRAY TREADMILL MARATHON (DAMN, I'M SORE!)

I don't what came over me yesterday. I think I got excited about getting back into shape. I went to the YMCA, did some stretching and weight-lifting, and then got on the treadmill. I turned on the little tv screen and - lo and behold! - the movie Hairspray was playing, ad-free.

I've already seen movie Hairspray twice (the re-make, not the original). I tried to rent it, but however the company made this particular DVD made it incompatible with an older model of a DVD player that we have. Since I can't rent the movie, I thought "Why not sieze the moment and watch it now - THE WHOLE THING?!"

I usually stay on the treadmill for half an hour at most, doing two miles on an incline. This time, I stayed on for AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES, doing somewhere between 6 and 7 miles. Boy, did I get the adrenaline pumping. It was actually a great feeling to know that I could push myself further than my regular two miles. And I had a blast re-re-watching one of my favorite movies.

No comments: