FROM THE DESK OF ELEANOR TRAUBMAN
Dear Friends -
I hope this note finds you well. It has been a wonderful year for Mike and me, full of friends, family, and art shows!
Since my post at the Brooklyn public school where I work is seasonal (September – June), I’m starting to look around for summer positions. If, after taking a look at the info below, you have an idea of someone who you think I should meet, please feel free to send me an email. I value your creative input!
One item not mentioned below: I hold an MS in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from Bank Street College of Education.
Eleanor's Ideal Components of a Summer Job
1. Up to 30 hrs/wk
2. Being part of a team of two or more
3. Interaction with public – could be students, customers, clients, patrons
4. Proximity to any of the following: the arts, books, children, families
5. Doesn’t have to be a fancy title or position, just something satisfying
6. Friendly and air-conditioned workplace!
Educator * Trainer/Facilitator * Writer/Researcher
Promoter * Team and Community Builder
MS in Early Childhood and Elementary Education from Bank Street College of Education
Samples of Work Projects
* Facilitated conflict resolution with K- 5th grades at Brooklyn public school; supported literacy development with class of 24 Kindergarteners
* Managed PlayNet, a grant-funded project at The Brooklyn Museum designed to increase educators’, parents’, and caretakers’ understanding of play and capacity to facilitate play with children.
* Interviewed Sesame Street cast and crew members for my blog, Creative Times
* Co-Produced The Brooklyn Blogfest, an annual gathering for 300 bloggers, artists, local community activists & politicians who write, speak, organize, and make art about their neighborhoods and the world beyond
* Co-Founded Creative Connections, a support group for women artists and entrepreneurs who want to stay on the edge of personal and professional growth.
* Organized first Take Our Daughters to Work Day for a middle school in Washington Heights, and worked with 7th grade girls to create book & organizer’s manual about the day
How to Contact Me
Thanks so much for your support! Please feel free to email with questions or ideas.