This popular comedy actress and show host who comes out of Second City is great for all these reasons:
- She is totally respectful toward, yet still has fun with her guests.
- She has a great sense of humor and is also open-hearted - e.g. she teared up today for a few seconds after announcing that her sister was in the audience. It clearly meant to a great deal to Bonnie to have her family member there.
- She comes from a big Catholic working class family and you can see how that affects the way she treats her staff like her family as well. The banter between Bonnie and her staff is an integral part of the show.
- She has a funny and sweet segment called Ask Alice where viewers ask Bonnie's mom, Alice, for advice in matters of the heart.
- She is down-to-earth, without the slickness, snarkiness, and pretense of some of the late night talk show hosts.