Thursday, January 03, 2019

YOU NEVER KNOW WHERE SUPPORT WILL COME FROM: A NEW YEAR'S EVE ADVENTURE

On New Year's Eve, I ran into a local bakery after making multiple stops for groceries while on my bike in the pouring rain. I had locked my bike up across the street in a semi-inconspicuous spot and left two bags of food in the baskets. While in line at the bakery, I saw someone I know, but only on a “Hello” basis. I told him I was nervous about having left two bags of groceries unattended in my bike. He offered to have me go in front of him in line. So kind! He still got out of there before me since my order took longer.
As I was crossing the street with my bakery box, I saw someone standing in the rain by my bike. I thought that this person might be eyeballing my groceries. I was tempted to call out “Yeah, those are mine.” As I got closer, I could see that it was my acquaintance from the bakery. He was standing there to guard my groceries! Earlier that day, I had asked a friend what kind of mindset she adopted to deal with several difficult life issues at once. She essentially said “Know that you are not alone, and that people have your back.”This was such a great example of that, and also of the fact that you never know where support will come from.
It was a great way to end the year.

No comments: