Saturday, May 10, 2008

WHAT HEATHER JOHNSTON LOVES ABOUT BROOKLYN

Big Nose Full Body Wines, with their great bottles, good music, and fun folks

Union Market, where I can get a baguette, my favorite cheese, aged sirloin, sorrel lemon verbena pesto, and milk all in one stop

Blue Ribbon Restaurant. Try their Chilled Lobster with a White Burgundy. The crowd rocks.

Starbucks, for making me feel like I live in a small town even though they are a big chain.

Park Slope Seafood, for being so kind when I can't make up my mind and then get salmon again.

Old First Church, for sharing their wonderful kitchen and making consistent contributions to C.H.I.P.S.

El Gran Castillo on Flatbush Avenue, for feeding me great Dominican food since 1989.

The Newstand/Deli on 7th Avenue between 1st and 2nd for patiently feeding the kids of John Jay and 321 every day.

Coney Island Nathans, for making it still worth while to go to the boardwalk for a Hot Dog.

The Cafe at the Botanic Gardens is an oasis where I can get a great Tuna Sandwich with iced tea.

Heather Johnston writes the blog So Good: Food and Wine with Heather Johnston. She is a chef, wine professional, mother, wife and indie filmmaker.

No comments: